Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bamboo House Chinese Restaurant


Name: Bamboo House Chinese Restaurant
112 East 6th Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32303-6129

Telephone : (850) 224-9099

Price: $9.00 (buffet with drink)






Rice: White

Style: Chinese.

Description: My friend Lindsay and I went to lunch (I owed her for buying me ice cream the other night). This place was a real restaurant! Not a Chinese take out joint. Being such, they had a buffet lunch which I decided to partake in. The buffet is very vegetarian friendly (I'm not a vegetarian, I just play one on the Internet(s)). They had lots of yummy tofu dishes and a really good veggie eggroll. I also had some fruit, Chinese donut and miso soup.
While I didn't have veggie fried rice, they obviously had plain fried rice. The fried rice was exactly that: plain. No veggies though it did have egg in it and a slight browning. Overall, unimpressive and fairly bland so I mostly ate the other yummy dishes this place had to offer. Please don't construe my 2 rating below with the overall quality of the restaurant. Most of the food was very good, but the rice was for the most part disappointing. I may also be getting more critical and I get a bit sick of eating fried rice so often. Maybe I need to break for a week or two and eat other things.



Fortune: "You will be called upon to help a friend. Answer it." Wow! An actual fortune. Most fortune cookies contain old Chinese proverbs or more recent renditions of wisdom. This one contains an actual predictive element. I probably need to start paying attention to who manufactures what kind of fortune cookies.

Overall: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment