Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hong Kong II


Name: Hong Kong II
www.hongkong2restaurant.com
2525 S. Monroe St. #26
Tallahassee, FL 32301

Telephone : (850)877-9930

Price: $4.25

Rice: Yellow.

Style: Chinese.

Description: Pretty standard fare. You ever realize how interesting it is that despite the fact they are independently owned and operated, many Chinese take out places are almost cookie cutter. It's like they are franchises but they aren't. The menus are all printed by the same company, they look similar inside, the only difference is the quality of the food. When you eat at a chain, that familiarity of being a Pizza Hut gives you a signal about what you're going to eat. However, at Chinese fast food, they all are eerily familiar, yet the food can be vastly different in quality.
My pint of fried rice came with broccoli, carrots, peas, onion and mini corn. Nothing exciting, rather bland but not bad. Because I was short on cash, I brought my own drink from home and since I didn't want to be tacky I got my food to go. Speaking of being short on cash, as an unemployed food critic (looking for a day job as a programmer/lawyer/privacy activist), I have to ask: if you find this blog interesting, entertaining, informative or otherwise, please consider donating the cost of one meal.








Fortune: "The only way to have a friend is be one." I actually got two fortune cookies because they didn't give me one at first and when I asked he threw two in my bag. I haven't opened the second one yet.

Overall: 2 (originally written as a 3 but downgraded upon further reflection)

No comments:

Post a Comment